lily asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Why are my breasts so small when the majority of women in my family are large breasted?

The question is pretty self explanatory, but I’ve got small breasts and I’m very self conscious about it. My mother ridiculed me growing up about how small I was compared to her and my grandmother and my great aunts, etc.  I even had a boyfriend tell me my boobs were small.  I’ve been a B cup since I was 13, and I’m now 20. I’m 4’11” which does make me the shortest person in my entire family, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I currently weight 116 which is average I guess. Even when I put on a lot of weight (got up to 165 lbs) I had larger cup sizes but my breasts still stayed small in comparison to the rest of my body. Are my breasts going to grow more? I was holding out hope but now that I’m in my 20s I’m starting to lose faith.

You're probably just different, maybe you get small breasts from someone on your dad's side

what you should be asking is why do fat women have big boobs then you will see that your grandmother and great aunt's were actually fat and being skinny is more attractive 

Source(s): i'm a guy
  • Dave

The most beautiful woman I've ever met is 4'11."

A b cup isn't small at all and to be honest I sometimes wish that I was a B cup. My reason is because since I have big breasts there are certain things that I can't even wear such as spaghetti straps and that really sucks because I'm a huge fan of them. You're actually very lucky to have B cups because girls with B cups look flattering in pretty much anything. However if you still want to make your breasts look bigger, I'd recommend watching the YouTube video on blogilates TV that's simply about how to make your breasts look bigger. I'd also recommend watching blogilates videos in general because the host has a very positive mindset and her videos are fun to watch.

Source(s): I hope I helped

Genes are strange and can come from not only the mother and her mother's side, but also your father's side, so you may have a smattering of his genes influencing breast growth.  Recessive genes from older generations can emerge as well, again from both sides of the family.

• Alesha

If your 4'11" with a B cup don't mess with it or cry over it. When you're 35 and your sisters are struggling to keep everything taught and tight you won't have to worry about it. Instead of focusing on your breasts which you can do nothing about, focus on the rest of your figure, the waist , chest and shoulders which you can. Reducing your waist  and hips will make your breasts look larger than they are. I have b cups and I was a topless model in college. Just because you don't have DD's doesn't take you out of the dating market.

You will praise the day when you reach 40 and have small breasts. Surely when you give birth, the manufacturing of milk will enlarge your breasts. Women with smaller breasts will discover that their breast nipples have more nerve endings than large-breast women. Your day will come, so enjoy your anatomy until it changes in 10 years.

harrald

No.  Generally speaking, after the age of 20, you are not going to see any significant gains in breast growth.  You are done growing pretty much right after puberty ends.  Small breasts are nothing to be ashamed about.  For one, you will NEVER have to worry about sagging, stretch marks, aching back or shoulder pains, bras that are too tight, not being able to go braless, etc.  You can always enhance what you have visually by wearing something called 'cutlets' inside your bra, they add on a cup size.  There are also bras that help give you cleavage (such as underwire, push up cups, or padded), or if you want permanent larger breasts you could opt for augmentation through plastic surgery (not recommended though due to cost and possible long term side effects).  Beyond that, shame on your mom for being such an a$$...that's just rude and uncalled for.  Any man who loves you for you is NOT going to care whether your a B cup or not.  HE will love the whole package if he is seriously into you.  Also, not all men are into big boobs.  So, don't fall into this way of thinking that all you are is a pair of breasts.  Get smart.  Take pride in what you have going for you rather than what you don't. 

You sound average and in proportion to your height. Your image however is pretty damages--fix that. Look at super models--they all have almost NO breasts

What's your problem? You can get dates with men who aren't trying to build up a dairy herd. That's the only good reason for looking for big breasts.

When I was in Quartermaster ROTC, the instructor explained the difference between excess and surplus thusly, "Excess is the part of a woman's breast that doesn't fit in your mouth. Surplus is the other breast." I have no need for excess.