Samsung Galaxy S8 power button somewhat stuck but still works, how do I get it unstuck?

Alright, so I believe I've had this phone for about 3 years now. About a year ago or so I started noticing my power button wasn't sticking out so much or making a clicking noise whenever I pressed it. My theory is that I probably have stuff stuck in it; perhaps I was eating ice cream or melted candy and had sticky fingers? I tried using the thinnest of thin tools as I possibly could to try and maybe scrape out some of this stuff. At first when it wasnt so bad I was able to scrape it out and fixed it. But it quickly returned back even when I started washing my hands before I used my phone. 

As long as it works, there's nothing to worry about, right? Wrong. Over the 2 years it's only gotten deeper into my phone and my tools aren't thin enough to get through because of how SUPER thin they made the cover around it. I would appreciate any kind of help before my button eventually remains stuck forever!! 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is broken.  You can put apps on your phone to turn off and turn on the screen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.