Samsung Galaxy S8 power button somewhat stuck but still works, how do I get it unstuck?

Alright, so I believe I've had this phone for about 3 years now. About a year ago or so I started noticing my power button wasn't sticking out so much or making a clicking noise whenever I pressed it. My theory is that I probably have stuff stuck in it; perhaps I was eating ice cream or melted candy and had sticky fingers? I tried using the thinnest of thin tools as I possibly could to try and maybe scrape out some of this stuff. At first when it wasnt so bad I was able to scrape it out and fixed it. But it quickly returned back even when I started washing my hands before I used my phone. 

As long as it works, there's nothing to worry about, right? Wrong. Over the 2 years it's only gotten deeper into my phone and my tools aren't thin enough to get through because of how SUPER thin they made the cover around it. I would appreciate any kind of help before my button eventually remains stuck forever!! 

It is broken.  You can put apps on your phone to turn off and turn on the screen.