user899361 asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

If I broke a small piece of plastic off on the lid of my Listerine container then do I need to throw it away?

I have figured out the answer to this question. The nurse advice line told me that even if a small piece of the cap broke off that if I keep the container covered with the rest of the cap that the Listerine will still be good. She said just don't knock the container over.

No, you don't.  

• elhigh

I can't imagine why you would.

Every time I open a new bottle of Listerine, the very first thing I do is I take a knife and carefully carve off those little lugs inside the cap that force you to squeeze the cap in a certain way in order to open it.  There are no little kids in my home, I don't need that anti-tamper feature.  The top still screws down like always, and screws right back off again too.  No problem.

If it's sealing okay, no big deal.

No. Why would you need to toss it?

• Olive

Not necessarily. Could always try a different lid or maybe tape the area. Or put in another plastic bottle if have one to fit it all