Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 1 month ago

Is my employer acting illegal?

The company I work for is back open and running. My co workers tell that I’m the only one they haven’t called back to work.  What should I do?  Can my employer fire in the mist of this COVID-19 pandemic ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

jkgskjdfgkajghrg

http://aaa555.org/

• Ana
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If you don’t even know how to spell “midst” correctly, then you probably were not a very useful employee. And nobody owes you a job. So yes, he/she can fire you 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He could fire in the mist but he might not be able to see very well and end up shooting the wrong person in the foot.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It turns out after speaking to a lawyer no they cannot fire me while on leave because if this pandemic. They would have to actually call me back and then let me go if they desire.  So my lesson don’t ask Yahoo people that do not know law!!! 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They can fire in the midst of the pandemic.

• 1 month ago

They may not yet need to be fully staffed.  What is stopping you from calling to ask about a return date?

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Absent a labor contract to the contrary, most employment is at will. That means you can be fired anytime, for any reason.

• 1 month ago

Your former employer is not required to re-hire all their old staff.  Maybe they don't need you yet or you just didn't make the cut.  You can call and ask when you will returning or start looking for a new job.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.