Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 4 weeks ago

Why did society, in general, assume George Floyd was killed because he was black?

My theory is that when the news media packages a story with a certain narrative, people just accept it as truth like brainless sheep, the video showing Floyd's death doesn't actually back up the assertion that he was killed because he was black, in any way.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

He died because he had committed a crime and was being restrained. He had underlying medical conditions which caused his death. 

• 4 weeks ago

They don't. Most free thinking Americans know how the media/politics work. Unfortunately these folk are silenced and branded as retroactive racists.They outnumber the extreme left.Why? because their the MAJORITY. Trump will win in a landslide and it is all the media/democrats fault.

• 4 weeks ago

Anything that happens to a black person is because of their skin colour. Have you not heard BLM?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Floyd and Chauvin had worked together, so there may be more to this case than meets the eye. The wider picture is that there is a history of institutional racism and police brutality so it was not an unreasonable assumption to make and was simply the catalyst for a backlash that was long overdue. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

He probably wasn’t killed because he was black.

The local police were willing to ignore his death and keep the officer in the force and walk away scot free, until there was a public outcry. They were happy to ignore a police officer killing him, because he was black.

• 4 weeks ago

He's another black person killed by the police - surely you agree there was no reason to do that to him?  They were filmed murdering him.  Other black people feel mistreated by the police for being black, and I believe them.  Therefore when black people say 'that's how the racist police think that black people can be treated, and now they have murdered a black person for the whole world to see' it makes sense to me.

What is your proposed motive for 'the killing' - you accept that they did kill him.  Do you accept that it was deliberate?  Or at least that they wanted to cause significant suffering?  They deal with a lot of petty lawbreakers, so why did they do that to him in particular?

But no, I can not enter the brain of the killer to experience his thoughts, I am making some assumptions, but not that many actually.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Exactly. Problem is, we'll see more of this kind of pants from the media. The authorities just go along with it so the public do likewise under threat of being labelled racist. It's ridiculous and, frankly speaking, dangerous

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are quite right. Yes, he died and the officer was in the wrong, but the rest of it is media driven rubbish to fit in with their political agenda. 

• 4 weeks ago

We will never know if he was put in the position (knee on his neck) because he was black or because the officer was too aggressive. It really doesn't matter, the video shows an event that is being interpreted as a white cop killing a man because he is black. If some one had iron clad proof that the copy did not do what he did because the man was black no one would accept it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.