Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Can I wash dishes with a new forearm tattoo?

I am quite worried about the splashing of the soapy water. Is it fine to leave it unwrapped and wash dishes normally (without gloves), or use cling wrap?

• It's okay, just wash your tattoo with plain unscented, not died soap when you're done washing the dishes. Also apply some unscented not died lotion after you clean your tattoo. Leave it un wrapped, you don't have to re cover it. Keeping a new tattoo covered doesn't let it breath. 

This is a tricky one tbh. Is this for work or just in your own house. 

In house - just take your time, use a non scented washing up liquid and if it gets covered then just clean with damp kitchen towel and place some lotion on it. 

If work - best to do this when you get a holiday but obv not always possible. Personally I would LOOSELY wrap cling film over it, so it can still breathe but the water won't directly hit it. Never wrap it tightly and when your on your break or finished, give it a wash and apply lotion. 

What do you do when you bathe or shower? 

• kelvin

you don't need to wrap anything and just wash the dishes like you normally would