Who would i call on someone breaking a vechicle contract?

We sold a vechicle to someone and they r not owning up to thier payment plan. Who would I call for legal action?

7 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    You can consult an attorney. The remedy is a civil lawsuit for breach of contract. No government agency will do more than refer you to an attorney.

  • 4 weeks ago

    A contract attorney.  

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Sue in small claims court

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Hopefully you have a signed contract outlining the price of the car, what their payments are, and when they are due.  If you do, and they're behind or past due (usually after 30 days) just go and repossess the vehicle.  

    If you were smart you held onto the title until the car is paid in full, or you filed a lien on the vehicle - so it can't be sold without you receiving payment for the vehicle. 

    In any event, I'd get the car back as soon as possible - before it loses too much more value - if you hope to sell it and get some money out of it.

    I'd never sell someone a car without receiving payment in full when they came to pick up the car - something I hope you learned and never repeat.


  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    Write a demand letter for the balance, them sue them in small claims court.

  • Troy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Repo man,......

  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    A lawyer.       

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.