do I have to change the transmission going for 318 to 5.9?

1 Answer

  • 1 month ago

    '96 and newer, you should be able to use a transmission from a 5.2 (.318) with a 5.9 (.360) engine. You may have to change the flexplate to the 5.9 version. There may also be issues if going from a 2WD to 4WD, or 4WD to 2WD.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.