Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 4 weeks ago

My car is accelerating very slow?

My car is accelerating very slow when completely stopped. Like it would take 7 seconds for it to get over 10km/h, but once it reaches 20km/h or 30km/h it starts driving normally again. Reverse is normal and it's faster than going forward, but I did notice that when I put it in reverse, the car shakes and it makes like a sound (the sound is almost like you can hear it going into reverse gear) for like half a second then it just goes normally. But when I put it in drive, it doesn't shake at all.

This also happened before; a month or two ago during the day but that same night it started driving fine again. It drove normally for 2 months then it happened again today.

The car doesn't make any unusual sound when driving. It's very much normal but the acceleration is just very slow.

Year make and model.  Check for trouble codes with a scanner.  Could be issues with transmission solenoids or a bad TPS.  Give the car a "tune-up" first.  Replace the plugs and air filter at a minimum.

• Lv 7

check your parking or hand brake.