sara asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Worried I’m pregnant even though I haven’t had penetrative sex ?

So this past cycle I switched from lo loestrin to orsythia. It is now the 3rd day of the placebo week and I have no sign of my period even though on lo loestrin I would’ve started mine on the second day of the placebo week. My boyfriend and I do not have penetrative sex, we only do oral or manual sex. I know it’s  almost impossible to get pregnant those ways but I still worry. Can someone tell me if it’s normal to skip a period on new birth control?

I haven’t had any contact with his semen other than when I swallow after oral sex and he never fingers me after I give him head.

How can you get pregnant if there's been no penetration by him?  No, it's the effect of the change in BC causing a shift in your menstrual period. And stressing over it can make it worse.

No you are not, sperm has to be inside the vagina to get to an egg; with birthcontrol there is no egg and you dont have any sperm. Its just adjusting to the new birth control

Y'all act so grown.

• ron h

so, you think is sperm magically flew into you?

I can see how this situation seems stressful to you, but the first thing you need to do is calm down! My boyfriend and I had a period of time where we did the same thing you all are doing because I was not ready to have sex with him yet. This same late period happened for me as well a couple of times. I strongly think that the switching of birth control is what's causing this to happen for you, drink plenty of water and relax and everything will be just fine. 

• Liz

The change in your birth control is probably the reason. When I was on the pill, I didn’t get my period until day 4 or 5 of my placebo week and it changed depending on the brand. 

If you are concerned, call your doctor or pharmacist. They both will be able to explain more and ease your mind. 

• Mike G

Then you aren't terribly bright.

• kelvin

stress is the reason your not having a period