Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

why is Tesla's stock continuing to skyrocket? (many think Tesla will be a failure as major automakers are coming out with electric cars)?

and many also think that Tesla is a scam like Enron. how probably true? why?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I wish them the best, but 'electric' is not the solution. It is actually building environmental disaster. The manufacture of those batteries, the heavy metals, chemicals and, more importantly, the disposal of those batteries are a serious environmental issue. Add those to the Honda Prius and other electric cars? 

That and the fact that these cars come off the line as 'disposable'. It costs almost as much to replace the battery as it does to buy the car. No intelligent person is going to buy a used electric car. 

• 4 weeks ago

Tesla is more than just cars... I’m pretty sure they’re a research and development company as well, no?

• Steve
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Sadly scams do exist and there will be money made off of them, but youve really gotta say innocent until proven guilty in the case of Tesla. With stocks and everything really, there will always be a difference of opinion. Expectations will often drive the price alone. If you think its a scam, you simply dont have to invest in it. You also have the right to express your opinion. 

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Telsa's development is much different than main stream auto makers. They can make a great car on the cheap. Not only that, is they also have auto drive and other cool features. Not just your ordinary electric jalopy.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Merely Speculation. The Facts and figures don't support the price. 

• 1 month ago

I don't know if it will be a success or failure but the operating margins are clearly uninspiring, so I can't justify the high stock price.  Classic story stock, I'll stay clear. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Largely because Elon Musk has positioned himself as a Tony Stark (when in fact Lex Luthor might be closer to the truth). Waiting for the day he accidentally blows up the moon. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tesla is skyrocketing because of Elons decision to exit California. 

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maybe buyers have confidence in the company and are buying right now, or maybe they're buying their own stock to push the price upwards.  Those who think that Tesla will fail are just playing the odds, most companies end up failing.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Global warming is a scam. People fall for it and That’s why people buy electric cars. 

Tesla is junk, I’d buy a Lexus or Porsche.

Edit: Tesla is just another trend, people see it and think it’s cool that’s why people buy them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.