Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 1 month ago

Which classical song is The Beatle's "Hey Jude" a cover of?

I was told that The Beatles played a lot of folk music. This version I heard consists of a violin playing the melody (which correspond to the vocals in Hey Jude) and a cello or bass playing the backing notes. I don't remember what the other instruments are.

You have it backwards. What you described is some unknown musicians playing 'Hey Jude' in a classical style. The McCartney composition is not a cover of anything.

• 7 days ago

Line "don't make it bad" resembles John Ireland's "Te Deum"

https://youtu.be/alJVMBk0P-M

Youtube thumbnail

It doesn't sound classical to me?

Are you sure it's a song?

• Gregg

Hey Jude is not a classical piece; you probably mean classic rock.  Classical pieces are often lengthy and without lyrics.

The great composer Igor Stravinsky once said that all music has been played or written before, nothing is new or original.

You could have been thinking of Lighter Shade of Pale - also an original, not a cover of classical. Don't You Know IS a cover / of Quando m'en vo.

Hey Jude is an original composition by Paul McCartney - it's not a cover.

The Beatles didn't play “a lot of folk music”.

• Vela

It's not. It's a Paul original