Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

What if you're not that educated about babies but want to have one?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Educate yourself about babies and about caring for babies. There many books that are about caring for children.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Not normally a problem. The uneducated seem to knock them out at a much faster rate than intelligent people.

• 4 weeks ago

Not everyone is educated for a child. I was a teen mom and I had to grow up very fast. I don't regret my decision I love my son (who now is 12 y/o.)

• 4 weeks ago

Nobody is ever ready to be a parent. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

There are probably classes you could take at your local community center, your OB/GYN may be able to recommend parenting and pregnancy classes, or your local Planned Parenthood clinic can help. 

But please--don't just have a baby because you think you WANT one. They're not puppies. They're not dolls. They're human beings and you'll be responsible for that child until it's an adult--and if you don't have the resources to do that, you should use plenty of birth control until you do. 

• sarah
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

There are lots of books and websites you can look to for help on learning more about everything from trying to conceive to what's going on in your body during pregnancy to what milestones your baby can be expected to meet during each month once they're born.

Talking to other moms in your life -- your own mom, your grandma, aunts, sisters, friends, etc. -- is also a great way to get questions answered and learn about other people's experiences.

Honestly, though, I don't think you'll ever be fully prepared to have a baby until you actually have one. It's a lot of just learning as you go and figuring out what works for you and your little one. My daughter is 14 months old, and I feel like I still learn new things about her and being a mama all the time.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

First of all, find someone you truly love, get married and then think about having children.  When you do decide - ask your mother, aunts and grand mothers about babies............remember, they've already been through this and are full of great fantastic ideas about babies.

• 1 month ago

Simple..... get educated.  Thousands of books available.

Peace.

• 1 month ago

Get a book. Or a few books. 

• 1 month ago

then educate yourself. lol like how you do everything else in life

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.