Can you cancel a hit and run cliam?

Hey guys I got in a hit and run accident. I am the victim. I got the guys plate no. And a police report. The others guys insurance say if the guy that hit me don't admit he hit me there nothing they can do. I just realised the scratch on my bumper can clean off that the guy caused. So can I cancel the hit and run claim from the other guys insurance since its likely the guy won't admit he was the one driving?

This happened in Miami Dade country in Hialeah FL .

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. 

He HIT and he RAN. 

It's the truth, so leave it. 

When he does it again, then the next victim will be helped by your report. 

Don't pay any attention to the insurance company. 

Don't sign anything.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, you can tell the insurance carrier what you told "us."  That will NOT change the status of the Police Report.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Don't talk to the other guy's insurance company and pay no attention to anything they tell you. Call your own insurance company, tell them what happened, and do what they tell you to do. Your own insurance company will handle everything for you.

• May
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Do nothing....................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's hard to imagine damage caused by a hit and run would come right off.  Why don't you ask your insurance company?  They would give you the best advice, and it's free.

• 5 months ago

You do not have to do anything.  Let insurance company keep their file open for the next two years.

• 5 months ago

you can always "call off" a police report. BUT don't listen to his insurance! they tell you that because they don't wanna pay you to fix it! follow through with the report. i don't care if you drive a 2003 honda. is your car. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.