Why are our parents and grandparents generation so morally inferior?

They are so racist sexist homophobic

and most of them still have their views secretly. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If there are more generations, we will seem bigoted and intolerant to them too.

• During the late 70s and 80s a popular music in the UK was 'two-tone' it sought to bring the youth together regardless of colour or culture.  

• 1 month ago

You got a lot of negative responses that you probably didn't expect.  You're equating immorality with sexism, racism and homophobia but there is so much more to morality than that, and unfortunately "morality" means different things to different people.  The older we get the more we rely on our personal experience and learnings.  For many older people, for many people in general, it is extremely hard to go against the learnings that were taught to us when we were younger.  However, there are many grandparents who are "with it" - i.e. have a very modern and open minded way of thinking.  So much depends on personal experience.  We each need to rely on ourselves.  We have to make sure that we as individuals are behaving in a "moral" way.  We set an example for others by the way we treat others, even those we disagree with. So if your parents and grandparents are expressing ideas and values that you disagree with, well, you need to find the good in them and disregard the negative.  There is no point in "teaching" them.  By the example of your behavior, not your words and certainly not by throwing arguments in their faces, you will perhaps show them another way.  If not, at least you will be behaving in a manner that YOU can be proud of.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on the person and also what part of the world they are from. Many from prior generations were way morally superior to the current generations. I think you might be putting your foot in your mouth here.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Speak for yourself, my grandparents were exemplary citizens.

• Koi
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Read the Bible! It says honour your mother and father. You are dishonouring them. Respect them. 

• Tj
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Generations of mostly religious hate, passed from one generation to the next.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't complain and carp here - take action:  divest yourself of everything those racist sexist homophobes ever paid for.....that will teach them  (but I suspect they already know it was money down the drain - and realize that they shouldn't have worked so hard just so you could piss on their graves).

• 1 month ago

Every generation feels much the same way about other generations. Even the Romans were complaining, "O mores, o tempores". If it makes you feel any better, your grandparents and parents feel much the same about you, as will your children and grandchildren.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

oh dear , yet another milellenial that failed school

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.