John asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Has yahoo answers run its course?

I used to post a question and get heaps of answers but in the last few years I get less and less. There seems to be less content in here also. Has Facebook groups killed Yahoo Answers?

I found it the best when it was green/white in colour. The hey day! Easy to use then and very popular. 

• Daniel

It has Unfortunately Yahoo has been making a lot of Changes that people don't like and its making people want to Leave more and more 

• Zirp

No.  Activity was supposed to go down eventually.  Thousands of questions have been posted and properly answered and we SHOULD be able to find them by doing an answers-search,  so there is no need to post them again.

I'd say it's on life support, and no one has the heart to just pull the plug. 

If this new latest change  (and glitch) doesn't fix itself soon.......that does not bode well for anyone staying here. 

Not yet, but getting perilously close. Its basically just veteran die hards and curious new trolls hanging around nowadays.

I sure hope they can save it I love it hear yaa

🥴 No. The moderating has. 

I used to get 100+ answers on my questions that were placed in proper categories and met yahoo guidelines. 

They were deleted and never appealed. 

Many also get suspended for stupid to no reasons. 

So... IF Y!A has run it's course, it's from crooked ppl and moderators abusing the report button and suspension feature.

🥴 One guy told me I had 1800 reports on my name. Which is funny. Because even though I do get out of hand sometimes, majority of my content deleted or I was suspended for, DID NOT violate the guidlines. 

You're telling me that asking "What's your favorite Lana Del Rey song?" Violates guidelines? 😏

This is just an example of abuse of authority and the report button we have here.

And almost all of us get cloned, harassed and duped by ppl thinking we're trolls..... because someone is abusing their privileges as moderators. 🥴