what should i do about neglect resulting in my siblings death?

my mother neglected my disabled sibling  by taking him off of anti seizure medication and she stopped taking him to the doctor. the medical reason for his reoccurring doctor visits required a shunt to be put in at birth and to be checked up on every few years which did not happen. he died from the shunt not working and my mother did not suffer any consequences. im too nervous to go to the police department so i reported it to crime stoppers hoping maybe they would just hand it to the police but since im a witness and a victim i need to go to the PD. my dad said not to because he is struggling with paying for child support so he doesnt wanna get arrested *again*. however he mentioned contacting local news about it to get the story out there? would that even be helpful? im not sure what else i could do. 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.