Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 4 weeks ago

If I were a giant so that the stars and galaxies were mere specs of dust, would I be able to move through them and appear to mover faster?

than the speed of light from a vantage point like earth. Or, would I be able to move faster than light physically but it was just the light coming from me that appeared slowed down.

No. A giant being could not move faster than light. It must still obey all the laws of physics. 

• Clive

What does this have to do with astronomy and space?

If you were a giant (just) the size of the Earth, and decided to start walking, it would take more than 36 hours before your feet got the message - ftl is the least of your problems!

• KennyB

Size doesn't change the equation - you, and all your mass, can't move at anything near the speed of light.  You can't even get close.  Your size will not give you any advantage in the relative measure of light - it will hinder you far more.