Has anyone on R&S ever changed your beliefs?

Update:

Details appreciated.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • D-Girl
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Well, not in a drastic way but I've certainly gained some knowledge.  What's more important to me, though, is that I've become a bit nicer, I think.  I've told the story a few times about having to apologize to Everard for something.  He accepted it so immediately and graciously that I learned to be more forgiving when someone apologizes to me.  I also, some years ago, had the habit of calling people Stupidheads.  I thought it was a silly name but it was brought to my attention that some people actually got their feelings hurt.  I realized I don't want to hurt people, so I haven't called anyone Stupidhead in ages.  

• sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I do feel that listening to others has helped me to make better decsions and they give me something to think about.  So I guess they have.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes.  People who have known more than me about things.

• 1 month ago

The wisdom on these pages is second to none, practically everyone here has made me think.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sometimes, thanks to people's answers or questions here, I have had to reexamine some of my assumptions.  Nobody has ever changed my mind on points that are actual doctrine of my church, though.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, Everard. He was in the military and was sent to Vietnam. Got married and stayed. I never knew someone could be a traitor over something like that.

• Juli
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I was a Christian when I came here 7+ years ago.

I am now a happy atheist.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope                                        .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not about believing in god thingies...I am a lifelong atheist.  

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yep.              

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.