Has anyone on R&S ever changed your beliefs?

Details appreciated.

• D-Girl

Well, not in a drastic way but I've certainly gained some knowledge.  What's more important to me, though, is that I've become a bit nicer, I think.  I've told the story a few times about having to apologize to Everard for something.  He accepted it so immediately and graciously that I learned to be more forgiving when someone apologizes to me.  I also, some years ago, had the habit of calling people Stupidheads.  I thought it was a silly name but it was brought to my attention that some people actually got their feelings hurt.  I realized I don't want to hurt people, so I haven't called anyone Stupidhead in ages.  

• sarah

I do feel that listening to others has helped me to make better decsions and they give me something to think about.  So I guess they have.

• Ludwig

Yes.  People who have known more than me about things.

The wisdom on these pages is second to none, practically everyone here has made me think.

Sometimes, thanks to people's answers or questions here, I have had to reexamine some of my assumptions.  Nobody has ever changed my mind on points that are actual doctrine of my church, though.

Yes, Everard. He was in the military and was sent to Vietnam. Got married and stayed. I never knew someone could be a traitor over something like that.

• Juli

I was a Christian when I came here 7+ years ago.

I am now a happy atheist.

• Murzy

Nope                                        .

Not about believing in god thingies...I am a lifelong atheist.  

• Jea

Yep.