Can stomach acid eat micro-plastics?

I ate a little bit of plastic a week ago and I am okay. So that got me thinking, if there was a small weekly quota for eating micro-plastics we could all potentially clean up the oceans. Is this an effective idea?

• 2 days ago

An interesting thought but acids far stronger than stomach acids can be kept in plastic containers as the acid does not react with plastics. Seeds are often covered in acid resistant coatings to stop a creatures acids from destroying the seed when it eats an apple for instance. That way it can plant the seed without realising when it moves its bowels. That is the reason why the apple tree covered the seed in sweet flesh in the first place. My own thoughts were if we chop the plastic up and use it in the making of roads by mixing it with cement. Not that I know if it would work or not but worth a try.

you need to know that macro-plastic is ok ,as for cleaning up the ocean ,you need to eat a large plastic ,I think that it takes a long time for people to clean up the ocean by eating macro-plastics ,  this is an unhealthy practice ,

but a large plastic may cut your stomach or throat , or get stuck in your esophagus. 

Don't worry if eat plastic it will come in toilet  ...but it doesn't get digested all the time..but also be careful with what you eat 

• Zirp

No. You probably pooped out he plastic. There is a lot of plastics (thousands of different kinds) in the oceans, exactly because it does NOT get digested

Apparently, you're unfamiliar with the process of eating vs the process of digestion.

• k w

don't know too much about the environment, but they do have microbes that eat up the oil from oil spills........but just eat some beans, doing so will bulldoze the junk in your innards, I've done so and more comes out than I put in my pie hole......

• Rick

either the acid will or it'll pass right thru your system, either way it'll be gone ...................