If the age of majority was rightfully 21, what punishment would a 19 or 20 year old get for arson?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

In my state you would hopefully get two in the chest and one in the head, if anyone SEES you attempting to commit arson.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Rightfully 21, Peter Pan (again)?  Anyone over 16 years of age gets the same penalty for arson in my State.

• 1 month ago

Same as a 21 year old, you are considered an adult at 18

Do you even know what age of majority means? By your question truly you don't

And yes you can not buy cigarettes or booze until you are 21, but you are still classified as an adult at 18 in every state in the union

Why do you ask questions and get the correct answer only to argue about it? Arguing does not make it any more different, 18 is considered to be an adult- regardless of what you think, feel, etc.

• 1 month ago

There is no "rightful" age of majority.

Children as young as 10 have been trialed and sentenced as adults for serious crimes.   Arson is a serious crime.

I dont know why you think that raising the age of majority to 21 would change any legal reprocussions for 18-20 yr olds.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

A full adult punishment if convicted in a court of law. 

Depending on the crime a person as young as 15 can be tried as an adult.

You can sign contracts, buy a car, join the Armed services, buy cigs, Vote, but, you still cannot drink until 21.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.