What is the best soundproofing to buy?

I have a basement and the sound goes through the vents and travels throughout the house and I want to stop all sounds from leaking cuz my parents hate music and I love blasting it

• Edwena

Look up acoustical materials, such as "mass loaded vinyl" and egg carton foams.  You will not be able to retrofit a room to do what you are wanting.  It requires special purpose room construction, which is expensive. 

you will want to install some sound deadening insulation, I recommend the rock wool brand

then get some sound isolation clips installed, set the track and then install multiple layers of drywall with sound deadening mastic (green glue) between each layer, the more layers the better. do the ceiling and walls

you will also need to have two solid core doors with a sound break between the jambs to stop the noise at this opening

should only be a couple thousand if you do it yourself to save money

Headphones. There is NOTHING that will stop your neighbors from hearing anything you blast.

Buy some really good headphones  - for the kind of money you would need to spend to make your basement 'soundproof' you could have top of the range bluetooth jobs and not end up with that sort of flat dead sound you get with masses of sound absorption, which almost certainly won't block low frequency bass that will transmit through the structure to other parts of the house.

You should do a google search on "Soundproofing a room".  This will give you a list of products you can try.