My friend shot herself in the heart , she died by suicide , I need to know , did she die instantly? Or did she feel pain and anguish ?

She used a 9mm 

• Edna

It's impossible to know if she died instantly or whether she felt pain and anguish. That would have to depend upon what part of her heart the bullet hit. Most likely not, She would almost certainly immediately lose consciousness The bullet would destroy her heart muscle, and her heart would no longer be able to to beat. 

Even if she didn't die instantly, she would be aware of any pain and anguish for only a few seconds after the bullet hit her heart. 

• Ocimom

I'm sure she died instantly.  She may have felt some pain at first.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Yes, she felt pain.  People who are beheaded feel pain.  It takes seconds for death to reach the brain.

• marty

I can't say for sure but I hope not. However she was carrying alot of pain and anguish before that to be able to do such a thing. She is at peace now.I'm sorry for your loss.

• Tepee

A shot to the heart causes instant death.

That would be a relatively quick death but the truth is that we don't really know what people experience when they die.  It's hard to ask them and it's hard to design an experiment to find out.