Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 month ago

Ladies, is the no-makeup movement worth it?

As someone in my mid-twenties ow, I'm all for appreciating natural beauty, and generally I don't wear make up.. however, sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on my youth by never wearing it on a regular day, just for the heck of it. 

• 1 week ago

Im confused... you can wear makeup if you want to... no one is saying you can't lol. I like putting it on and i typically wear it in a natural style (just concealer, blush, bronzer, gloss, and mascara but you do you

If you want to be alone the rest of your life and be treated like a reject of society, then yeah, the no makeup trend is the thing to do.

As someone with absolutely no skills and make up, I’ve grown to learn that if you’re not pretty, people would respect you. That’s why I basically live as a hermit and cry myself to sleep every night because of how meaningless my life is

It's not about the makeup, but about having fun and accentuating your beauty. Makeup everyday? Not necessary. Make up on special occasions, or especially on those days wear you feel less of yourself than usual? Definitely! It is especially on those dumpy days (usually around that time of month), when you feel low (in mood), that you should... *french accent* "Live every day, beautiful!"

Good makeup always makes you feel extra special, just don't feel like you MUST have it on all the time.

Not sure what you mean by "no-makeup movement". I feel like we're literally inundated with makeup gurus, makeup ads, influencers promoting makeup etc. I don't see the makeup craze slowing down anytime soon.

All these people acting like you are obliged or something lmaoooo. Do whatever you want. I don't care what you look like, its up to you.

Wear it or don't wear it. Nobody cares.

Alicia Keys looks so pretty natural. Ive gone more natural lately since covid quarantine yet ive applied to make my days a bit sunnier ☀☀☀ mentally. I love red lipstick...and mascara. 

no, because uniqueness is the option for every women.

• Rick

I'm a man and I disagree with the no-makeup choice.  Make-up works.  If it didn't it wouldn't be such a huge seller worldwide.

Then wear makeup if you want to. I don't wear makeup because I have no place to go, LOL. My husband has seen me at my worst, but even then, it's NOT UP TO HIM WHAT I CHOOSE TO DO WITH MY FACE. I started working from home 3 years ago and just don't rock it anymore. But the rare occasion we do end up at friend's house, yeah...I'll put some on.