Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 5 months ago

Why aren’t you vegan?

Because, bacon

• KTJoe

I like enjoying an occasional juicy bacon, cheese burger, a large meatZZa pizza from Dominos pizza, and other yummy meat dishes. A vegan lifestyle just isn't healthy, a vegetarian way of life makes more sense.  https://www.dominos.com/en/

• Evi

Because most people choose not to be, because most people aren't aware of how awful (farm) animals are treated between birth and their (often premature) death. Because even though they will throw their hands up in horror at images of domestic animals being killed for food in far off places, all the while ignoring (turning a blind eye) the fact that cattle etc are also being killed for the same purposes. Because people think their taste buds are more important than the life of animal.

Because, they think to go vegan would mean giving up their favourite foods (there are plenty of delicious vegan alternatives!) Because they think vegan food is too expensive (if you know what to buy where to buy, and how to cook it can be cheaper than buying animal based produce!) 

Because they think they're top of the food chain and have the right to kill animals for food. 

Because (in their words) "but lions.." / "Well we have canines...." 

In all honesty there is no reason 95% of the world can't or shouldn't go vegan in this day and age. The ONLY people who have a legit reason to continue eating meat are those in areas with literally no access to online deliveries/ access to towns etc so therefore it is a case of animals being the only thing they can eat unless they choose to starve to death.  

News flash people!!! 

Vegan food is delish, its healthier for you AND the planet. Plus its better for the animals. 

Also if we all went vegan, no cows would not suddenly disappear nor will they spontaneously take over the world! 

why arent you a meat eater???

Because MacDonalds is open!

I enjoy eating meat to much that's why and i dont care whether someone chooses not to eat meat as long as they dont impose it onto others as some vegans tend to do.

Because the class of animals I belong to was not designed to be one. I was designed to be an omnivore. I was given teeth with which to cut and tear animal flesh, a digestive system equipped to extract important nutrients from it that cannot be obtained from a plant-only diet.

Additionally, I was given the ability to make choices.  I like to keep things simple.  Since I was designed to be an omnivore, I just was one.  And when I reached an age when I discovered I had a choice, the other option made no sense to me.

Because there are no good reasons to restrict a diet that one can eat. Veganism is a pain in the ***. Substitutions that aren't as good as the real thing, no real reason to be so restrictive. That's my opinion. I don't care what anyone else eats--but what I DO care about is when someone lectures me about the way I eat. 

• John

I don't politicize my food and I'm not a picky eater.

Because I neither want to be nor have any reason to be.