Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 3 months ago

Is a A1C 5.1 percent, Type 1 Diabetes? Please help me!?

• Rick B

NO.  That is a great A1C.  That translates to an average blood sugar of 104.

No, my friend, it is NOT.

That is an absolutely perfect A1C level, and in the non-diabetic range.

An A1C level of below 6.5% is non-diabetic.

That's way too low for a type 1 diabetic. You are over controlled and very likely over medicated. Your blood sugar levels are way too low. dangerously low

You need talk to your doctor A.S.A.P. If you are taking BOTH oral medications AND insulin, tell the doctor you want to try insulin alone. You CAN be hypoglycemic, the OPPOSITE of being diabetic. That is hyperglycemia. If you are a double diabetic who is also insulin resistant AND brittle, do you REALLY want to die from LOW blood sugar or diabetic ketoacidosis from uncontrolled  high blood sugar levels. 

I've been a type 1 diabetic for 65+ years. I can be very brittle, but I am NOT insulin resistant. I DO know what I am talking about. 

More likely you are NOT a type 1 diabetic at all and you are maliciously misrepresenting yourself to bait and fish, provoke and harass people on YA thinking you could get away with it because you think people on YA are dumb and stupid. I have 4 college degrees, NONE of them in biology. 

You'd have to talk to a doctor or specialist about this.  I hope you will.  If your doctor doesn't give you satisfaction, you have to remember he or she isn't the only doctor on earth and getting a second opinion is always a smart idea.