what cords do i need for dual monitors ?

What cords would I need for dual monitors? The left and bottom is my pc ports and the top right is my monitor ports what cords would i need for dual monitors? 

• Bill-M

From the picture, your PC Back Panel has  three  Video Ports  1 DVI and 1 VGA and 1 HDMI.

Next you need to look at the monitors.  Most Monitors have  1 DVI and 1 VGA and some even have HDMI.  So depending on what your monitors have you will need 1 of each.

1 DVI Cable, 1 VGA Cable, and 1 HDMI Cable then your covered.

Guessing from a picture so dark and poorly done without model numbers and brands of anything is not accurate.  I might make an attempt:

The computer ports on upper left are DVI-D and VGA.  At least that is what my 27 inch screen shows.  They are on the motherboard, and send from an ordinary video system on the board or the CPU integrated chip like an i5 or similar.  If you have any discrete video card or cards plugged into the board, it would be better or even only possible for one or more monitors.

The upper right shows two rows and I assume they are for two monitors--

top row--DisplayPort, VGA, HDMI, and USB (not for a video cable).  Those are usual for a very good monitor.

bottom row--HDMI 1.4, HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2.  Those are excellent for a top line monitor.

The two rows at bottom left on the computer are so heavily shadowed, I can only guess by some shape.  I might be wrong.  In general, DVI and VGA ports project out from the video card backplate.  HDMI and DisplayPort sockets are below the surface of the backplate, and have similar but not compatible shapes.

top row might be DVI of some sort, either HDMI or DisplayPort, and not sure.

bottom row might be DVI of some sort, something, and something, not sure.

The two round gold things might be for some wireless antenna, seem a little small for coax RF video cable screw-ons.

You need some type of all DisplayPort cable, maybe, for one monitor.

You need some type of cable, probably all DisplayPort, or maybe DVI-D to HDMI adapter type, maybe, for another monitor.

That might be all that anyone could guess from what your pictures show.

Next time, give all details possible.

Source(s): Using video cards since 1994, building and running computer systems with multiple screens for a couple decades.
  • VP

First, you need a video card that can handle dual monitors at the same time.