Do you get phone calls from scammers pretending to be someone they aren't?

I get them every day and they drive me insane.It's easy to see a scam call because the number appears on my keypad as a spoofed number so I immediately know it's a scammer trying his luck.I pick up the phone and answer it as police,and suddenly the phone goes dead.The other thing I now have is a horn attached to my phone so that when they call I place the receiver inside the horn and set it off....I would love to see the reaction on the scammer's face....it must be quite a shock !!!

• 2 days ago

Yeah I get the phony Social Security Administration, then the phony people telling me my car warranty will expire but they have the wrong car Haha. Then the polling people for election in November. 

• 3 days ago

DUHH!! of course.  I get them almost every day.

freaking always ....

I did until I bought a white-lister for my phone.   I have only a few people I want to hear from so I entered their numbers to the list and now only calls from those numbers will ring my phone.  The other calls go right to voice mail so I can run an eye down the VM list and pick which messages I'd like to return.  The rest of the calls I dump.  Kind of extreme but it works for me and no more junk calls.

Someone pretended that they were the cops called and I replied, "Oh so you are those Cops I saw on TV! YOU WERE SO GOOD AT ACTING BTW! Your act on TV WAS Legendary!! Are you google? Because you are all I was looking for! Or are you wifi? Because I am so attracted to you!" Trick: Being weird makes the person hang up the phone

I seldom answer the 'phone.  It's why I have an answering machine.  Leave a message: maybe I'll call back.  That seems to considerably cut down on nonsense such as you describe.

used to get lots of indians  saying my computer has a virus etc etc .....

but rarely now days as they know  we are on to them haha 

i say im gonna ring the cops 

• Scott

We disabled our landline several years ago. So we don’t get those kinds of calls.