If I build a house and lived in it then sell it why is it a crime to sneak back into YOUR home?

Suppose a man carefully using every brick, built a beautiful home and our YEARS into it ... then lived in it with joy,

Then home values climbed and he couldn’t afford the real estate tax and for that reason only, he had no choice but to sell it and then after he sold it

The property due to the market tripled in value and now he could NEVER buy it back. He was devastated that was HIS home and he wanted to buy it back desperately

He couldn’t afford to even rent it back so in a state of desperation he asked the new owners if he can just see his closet and home and that said “no we like our privacy”

So in absolute anger rage he sneaked into the home with a sleeping bag to hide in what once was his closet. The new owners heard him breathing heavily and found him in the closet at 4am

So they called the police and took out a gun and he ran for his life out the home into the arms of the police

Was a crime committed and why?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

As soon as you sell it, it's not yours anymore. I thought that was clear. 

A crime was committed by breaking in! 

• 1 month ago

It isn't his home.  He sold it.  

• 1 month ago

That attitude is exactly why liberals, millennials, Gen-Z, and similar idiots are so hated. Just because you made it doesn't mean it's yours FOREVER. So sad you can't afford to maintain your lifestyle, but that happens, and when you sell it, it's no longer yours, it belongs to whoever bought it. You don't get to squat in the house YOU sold, just because YOU built it, not how it works in anywhere but war-torn countries.

• Neil
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Once you sell something, it's not yours.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because once he sold that house it ceases to be his. Being pissy because stuff costs money doesn't entitle one to shatter the sanctity of someone else's home. 

• 1 month ago

Once you SELL, it isn't YOUR anything.

A competent 4th grader knows that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's either unlawful or illegal (depends on the State) trespass.  Once something is sold it belongs to the person who purchased it.  Same with a car. You can't sell you car/trade it in and then expect to drive it.

Someone who picks out very brick individually has issues long before breaking/entering.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, he committed the crime of trespassing on private property.

• 1 month ago

It's sad and very unfortunate, but it isn't the new homeowner's fault that the man couldn't afford it any longer.  I wouldn't press charges if I were them, but technically he is guilty of at least breaking and entering.

• 1 month ago

It wasn't HIS home. He SOLD it. That is what "selling" is. 

This is a pretty simple concept - the idea of property is several thousands of years old.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.