Dionysos asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

What do i need to travel Greece from Germany on July relative to covid-19 ?

I have booked a flight-ticket from Munich to Thessaloniki on 10th July.

Is there anything else related with covid-19 that i must do here in Germany before i fly ?

Thank You for your time !

Dionysos )

• alan P

I'm traveling from UK to Crete on 19 July.  I have had to contact travel.gov.gr to fill in an on line form saying where I will be staying etc.  They will then send you PLF (passenger locator form) and a QR code the day before you travel.

Greece

Are the borders open? Greece resumed flights to most countries, except those listed as having a high risk of transmission by the EU’s aviation safety agency, EASA. International flights will arrive in Athens and Thessaloniki, while direct flights to regional airports resume July 1.

Do arrivals have to quarantine? Travelers from airports on the EASA list — including in France, the U.K., the U.S. and Belgium — face mandatory tests and quarantines. For others there’s no requirements, although random testing will be carried out.

Are there any other entry requirements? Land-border arrivals from Bulgaria were open as of June 15 and visitors subject to random testing. Land-border arrivals from North Macedonia and Albania will most likely resume on July 1, while re-evaluation with regards to Turkey will be made by July 1. Arrivals by sea will be allowed as of July 1.

What about travelers from outside Europe? It’s variable, since Greece’s restrictions are based on the EASA list. Some countries are welcomed and others restricted.

I suggest contacting your Embassy for any travel alerts