Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

What causes your jaw to feel numb?

For those with sudden facial numbness (and *not* to cause a panic), for instance, please either ask someone to drive you to the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1, just to rule out stroke (which is a type of brain injury).

Perhaps other causes may be a tooth abscess (infection), for instance.  A dentist would need to do an x-ray to provide such a diagnosis (or rule it out).

That happens to me when I don’t eat enough or sometimes I tighten my teeth my mouth is closed without realizing which kinda buts a strain on my jaw and it’ll make it hurt or be numb. If it’s ur whole jaw it’s probably nothing, it’s a certain area, it could be a dental issue 

wearing the face mask all day

• Marc

Typically my jaw goes numb if I have my mouth open a lot. The most I notice this is when Im giving my wife oral pleasure

A solid left hook.                      

Nerve problems. Mostly due to dental problems. Stuff like previous root canals,. implants, etc