Is it normal to be hungover for two days after drinking?

I’m 23 and don’t drink often, maybe once a month. I had six IPAs (9%) the night before last night and I’m still hungover. I have an upset stomach and diarrhea.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Were you drinking on an empty stomach or while tired? I've had lots of IPA and usually

get less of a hangover from them compared to an equivalent amount of lager or stout.

• 1 month ago

9% is high strength alcohol. Alcohol stays in your blood for 24 hours, but what lasts are the consequences of a high alcohol intake. Alcohol shrinks the soft tissue around the brain, so when you feel nausea or dizzy, its because your brain is moving in your skull. Your body weight can help cope with high alcohol, just look at the big guys in the bar, so if you are a light build you need to develop a taste for lower strength beer which at around 5% would be more flavoursome anyway. If you don't eat much before drinking that can be as bad as no water because beer is a great laxative and if all it can shift is the beer, that explains the diarrhea.

• 1 month ago

It doesn't last for more than a day usually, and often just the morning

• 1 month ago

Budweiser and half head of lettuce

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm a heathen, but maybe god is talking to you. Maybe you're supposed to do something very good in your life.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pretty normal - once in college I was constipated for a week  - cured it with a six pack of Budweiser and half head of lettuce. 

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not normal at all.  That is a lot of relatively strong beer but it would not give me a hangover at all.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yup. You are hungover, Drink some chocolate milk, take 2 aspirin and go back to bed. 

• 1 month ago

That is close to drinking a half a case of regular beer so yes. 

• Petter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Whatever you got, it ain't hangover...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.