Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 3 months ago

Rock music fans, what are your thoughts on mainstream rock they play on the radio?

I rarely listen to the radio these days. Most songs are electronic pop. Rock was pretty much a goner since this past decade. I mostly create playlists containing lots of rock and play some good CDs.

• D1218

It's great. Rock is one of my favorite genres, personally. I grew up loving rock.

Well my answer on modern rock, is that it is pretty w***

Hardly ever listen to the radio anymore.

Do they even play real Rock on the radio excerpt for classic and 'oldies'?! There's one local radio station here that occasionally plays new stuff, but everything else seems pre 2000.

What they call Rock on most mainstream stations, is only a shadow of what Rock should be. And if people only hear pop, hip hop and rap - most people are followers and won't dare to be adventurous - so that's what they are going to listen to. But if they only knew what they were missing out on...

On top of that, with the amount of unknown artists out there, you would think radio stations would get more daring and stop playing the SAME thing over and over and over again!

So many great bands aren't discovered until YEARS into their careers. And if the radio stations don't play them, than they can't be discovered.

On one hand, I feel that the Rock bands I love, who are so talented, deserve recognition and wish the world could experience true Rock music. On the other hand, I'm happy when we can keep them to ourselves.

Until then, I'll just keep listening to my own playlist of some incredible music that the radio and radio listeners area missing out on.

Mainstream radio, and the music it plays, is about as enjoyable as a root canal or an IRS audit.

99.9% of the good music is underground.  CDs and streaming to the rescue!

I used to listen to AM radio and top 40 songs, and then I moved on to FM album rock radio that play songs from albums, not just the singles. Then that kind of radio station disappeared. Since then I listen mostly to CDs instead of radio.

I have no use for highly limited radio in the internet world.

Rock has been dead since the mid 90s. The last great decade of rock music was in the 1980s.

Since then the music has gotten progressively lazier.

An other thing that killed rock was the effort to merge metal and hip hop together 

• TB12

Don't know,, I pretty much stopped listening to commercial radio years ago when I got tired of hearing fifty minutes of commercials played in between the same three songs every hour.