Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

I woke up deaf in one ear does anyone know how to fix this?

It feels like my ear needs to pop but i just won't and it's been like this all day and it's really starting to worry me

From my experience..  I put a capful of Hydrogen peroxide in both ears.  Laying on my side with towel,    I wait till I feel it bubbly.  

It helps vertigo and ear wax.   Please don’t do it often......      I do mine every few months,,,

It may be due to impacted ear wax.  Please, however, do *not* try to provide a self-diagnosis or self-treatment, and instead contact your doctor or ask a trusted person to drive you to a local "urgent care center," for instance.  

Just an fyi that an "urgent care center" may require one to first call from the parking lot before entering the facility due to Covid-19 restrictions.

If a doctor rules out impacted ear wax, for instance, then I agree with the other respondents to consider a board-certified ENT (ear, nose & throat) dr.

Any chance you recently had a bad cold or the flu?

Because this happened to me when I had the flu and had to medication for it. I had it both ears. Got very dizzy, so I would see a doctor about it.

Could be something as simple as cleaning ear out or  something serious and complicated.... dont take any chances.

Go to a Doctor before attempting to fix somethign that potentially be made worse buddy.

See a physician or an audiologist.  They can look and see if it is cerumen.  (earwax).    A sudden hearing loss can have a number of causes, some of which need immediate treatment to be effective (transtympanic steroid injections, etc.)....Best to see a physician ASAP and not rely on the advice given here.  (I am an audiologist and have worked with ENT's for over 30 years.)

• Lili

See.A.Doctor.

Seeking medical help should have been the very first thing you did.  

its probably impacted wax

you need to go see a ENT doc

to remove the impacted wax

from the ear

put a drop of warm olive oil

in the ear at night for three days

to soften the wax then go see the doc

You probably need to clean the earwax out of it.  You can get a ear cleaning kit at the drug store

Find someome to wrap their lips around your ear like a plunger and suck. I did this to my wife and it worked. I would say a vacume but that may not be safe if its powerful. 

• Jen

It could be a number of things.  Maybe the most common is allergies.  We dont know however, so best to get a doctors appointment.