Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 month ago

If someone was driving behind you for a very long distance would you think they are following you?

I work in construction and I was driving about 70 miles to a site. I just happened to be driving on the exact same route as the car in front of me.  we got off on the same exit and took the same turns/roads. I honestly didn't think anything of it and didn't even notice I was driving the same route as the other car. We both turn right on to a rural road and he stops and waves me to go past him. As I go past he yells "stop f*cking following me." I ended up turning right on the next block as that's where the job site was.

Is this typical behaviour? Would you think someone is following you?

i probably would have stopped and rolled down my window and yelled im not following you im going to a job site. bc that would make me mad someone thought that when i wasn't following them. maybe because for so long you were going the same way and even the turn down the rural road did it for him because that is quite a strange coincidence. I can see why he thought that, but that sucks he made you feel bad.

I mean if it was 70 miles and it wasn't on like the highway/Interstate then yeah I'd still to wonder. I wouldn't have been rude about it. Although to be honest I don't even tend to notice cause if I'm driving that far I am on the Interstate at least part of teh time and would figure they are just going ot the same town.

• F

Possibly but if you are driving from one big city to another, there’s a high chance someone else is too.

People have become mentally unstable.

• Scott

They are following you, but only because you're in front of them.

You're a dumbass if you can't figure it out yourself.

• Da

No, if I was suspicious, I would have pulled over at a store where others were visible to see if you stopped too. Then I'd wait until you left and followed you.

• Anton

In 50 years, I've about everything.  Have had two semi/tractor rigs follow me for over a hundred miles.  Once in the '80's Nevada US 93, night, heavy rain, a semi followed me on the center line -- so if I fell under water he would be able to stop.

• Erik

Nah, the guy was just a jerk.  People don't follow you unless they have a reason.  It was just coincidence.