Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Was I wrong for not telling my ex I have a cold?

I’m divorced (10 years) and my ex and I have 1 child together (14 YO) and a pretty decent relationship overall. Earlier this week my husband came home with a cough (he works in the medical field) and of course I got it to so we got tested for COVID to be safe and it came back negative, just your average cold. I was going to tell my ex if we were still waiting on results or (obviously) came back positive, but since it didn’t I just dropped it to the wayside. Well fast forward to tonight, I dropped my daughter off at his house and she immediately (like I was there for 5 seconds just carrying bags to the outside door) tells him that we have coughs but it’s fine because we tested negative for COVID ... she’s not even sick! Well I could tell he was PISSED. 

He’s very nervous about getting the virus and has his house on lockdown. From what I understand they don’t go anywhere or see anyone (His GF does have asthma so they’re concerned about what would happen if she caught the virus so I understand his concerns) My house we aren’t as precautious, I guess? We do outdoor activities, we went to a restaurant last week and ate outside, we’ve been seeing family by sitting outside/ apart and doing bonfires - all things I have told my ex we do so he’s fully aware of his risk/ exposure and he’s never argued with me (not necessarily thrilled but hasn’t argued) So was I wrong here? I guess I just don’t feel like I need to divulge every time we get a cough or runny nose if it’s 100% not COVID. 

Yes you were in the wrong, even knowing it was "just a cold" because you already KNOW "He’s very nervous about getting the virus and has his house on lockdown. From what I understand they don’t go anywhere or see anyone (His GF does have asthma so they’re concerned about what would happen if she caught the virus so I understand his concerns)". A simple phone call PRIOR to drop off would have been a wiser move. 

And no it doesn't matter that you don't take this as seriously as he does. You know what he is like and should have respected that. 

• Tj

You were So wrong. WTH....No one wants to take a chance. You are very wrong, knowing about his GF condition. what were you thinking. You are a problem with how you live at this time.

At the moment you were VERY wrong.  Tests are not perfect. You may test negative and be positive.  In any case way before this I would tell a friend if I had a cold if I was going for dinner with them  They may reschedule, or not.  But the choice is theirs.  If you had told the husband he would have had the choice to ask you not to come at the moment.  Or to accept the risk.  But the choice would have been given.

You probably don't care but ill warn you atleast. 

Luke 16:18 "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.