Looking for some jazz albums, any suggestions?

I am looking under those criterias:

-The focus should be on the music, it doesn't have to be instrumental, but I prefer jazz music with little too no singing.

-There should be some melody and rhythm in it, i don't like jazz subgenres that sound too abstract, free jazz isn't my cup of tea at all. I prefer having a melody.

-I would appreciate either something that is relaxing and has a lounge sound and a heavy focus on piano (such as bossa nova) or something that has some funk influences (like acid jazz).

Jazz albums I own are From This Place by Pat Methany and A Go Go by John Scofield.

johnscofield/hand jive  -  sun ra/blue delight  -  roland kirk/bright moments  -  lee konitz et al/enfants terrible  -  jack de johnette/made in chicago  -  frank zappa/imaginary diseases  -  charlie haden/ANYTHING whether as a leader or "sideman" as can be said of his frequent compatriot ed blackwell (don cherry too but he often has "singing")

Bill Evans - From Left To Right.

• D50

Ray Charles "Genius+Soul=Jazz" 

Charles plays with Count Basie's big band. I can't get enough of it.

Try youtube Jazz. There's a large collection there. Also if you have Cox cable, tune in to "Music Choice Jazz".

• Nick

If you like A Go Go, Scofield recorded it with the band Medeski, Martin and Wood. You should check out the stuff they have recorded without him.

• Mike

Oscar Peterson made a lot of records. The joke was, a guy entered a contest and won every album Peterson ever made, and a forklift to get them home. Lounge sounds: George Shearing, Art Van Damm. Ellington Indigos. The Basie small groups. For funk, try Monk.

• John

He is old school jazz with no real funk. But if you haven't looked into Count Basie you certainly should. A masterful pianist and a fine arranger. Yes, getting towards big band but his reputation is well deserved. Otherwise I'd say go to Accujazz and put on the piano channel - look for the names on the things you enjoy the most.

• Snoopy

Dave Grusin is pretty good. Wynton and Branford Marsalis, Buddy Rich, Lee Ritenour, Dave Brubeck, Gershwin, Prince, and so on. 

Back in my younger days, the group Return To Forever was a favorite. The core had Chick Corea on keys and Stanley Clark on bass. The link is the classic lineup.

https://youtu.be/uLnqVJIm6bI

Youtube thumbnail

A more recent fav is guitarist Charlie Hunter.

https://youtu.be/oXVSYykrxx4

Youtube thumbnail