2001 cobra mustang?

He wants 9k for it . Has 67k miles should I buy it . It’s also a manual . I’m looking for a car I can mod. Is there anything out there better . Is the car to old. Anyone who knows about cars can give me any advice 

• Bill

Cobra Mustangs are nice. Find a good mechanic and pay for an inspection that includes connecting a scanner. Don’t buy a car that has a bunch of modifications done to it. Original Cobras are worth more than modified ones.  

Can you afford expensive toys? And insurance? And you can't count on the miles being correct. They are EXEMPT meaning no penalty for rolling them back.

Should you buy it? We can't tell you. Age or mileage alone are not adequate indicators of condition. If you lack the skills to do a proper pre-buy inspection then hire a shop to do it for you. If the owner doesn't agree to that, then look elsewhere for a car. You can look up car values yourself. You'd better have cash because finding financing for a car that old isn't easy unless you have assets like a house to use for collateral. 

• Da

Mustang's are the worst cars to buy used.

Too much money. 

• Ian K

What are you looking for?

Quarter mile times?

Autocross?

Wannabe clownshoe street racer?

Show car?

Land speed record?