my room stay warm even with a window ac running ?

My room is 150 sf with no central air cause my room doesn't have any vents and I have a brand new 5000 btu ac. Its set to 68 and blows cold air but my room does not cool down it only like 80 outside. the ac will run for 12 hours plus and the temperature in my room wont go below high 70s. theirs brand new windows so i doubt much air is escaping through their maybe under my door but it doesn't seem like theirs a draft. I have a gaming pc running that gets pretty hot but i still don't think that is raising my room temperature 10 degrees. my room was super cool when it was 70s but now its in the 80s my rooms boiling I don't get why

Best plumbing repairs from https://comfortmasterpoconosllc.com

What is directly ABOVE your bedroom?  A hot attic?? 

Is your air conditioner mounted in a window?  Sticking outside?  Is the rest of the space around the air conditioner sealed? 

Does your air conditioner have a switch/control for fresh air intake?  If yes, shut it off. 

Is your bedroom door closed?  If not, then close it!

Is the AC in the window like in the diagrams? Or is it on a chair or table in the room. Window and door closed.? Yeah that won't work. Follow pictures and instructions and it will work. 

the likely answer is poor insulation above the ceiling over your room.  check local hardware for R-19 pink fiberglass insulation and see how much 150 sq feet would cost ... then figure out how to get up in there safely and install it [fiberglass batts can be just laid crosswise over the existing ceiling joists and the insulation between them.  go look at what is there now so you can talk about your needs with the hardware store sales people.  -- grampa

You need a larger A/C unit. 

How tall is your room?  If your room is taller than standard height, the unit might not have enough BTUs.

Is your room insulated?  No, unit will not cool the room.

If your room has large windows and facing the sun, the unit will not cool the room.

Is your AC short cycling, that is, does it turn on only for a few minutes, shut off for a few minutes and run again for the same time?  If it does, it will not cool the room.

Do you have the fan on high? If you have the fan on low, it will not cool the room.

What is the difference in temperature between room temperature and temperature coming out of the vents after the AC is on for about 10 minutes with the fan on high and the thermostat set to the coldest setting?  If the difference is less than 16 deg, your AC could be broken.

• Kenny

Check to see if the outside air vent on the A/C is open . Close it . Too much sun shining in will warm the room so shades on the windows .