Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 month ago

How to get tested for cervix polyps ? I can feel one on my cervix :( ?

I regularly check my cervix for fertility and for the past 6 months I have felt somthing sticking out of my cervix , it’s always there so I’m thinking it’s polyps .., have tired to conceive for over a year and nothing , it feels like there is a polyp Hanging out of cervix which means it would block the entrance for sperm to swim in to , I am looking to book in for smear test because I haven’t been yet , so hopefully that way then can see it and refer me to get it removed ? Or do I have to ask myself if they would remove it ? I don’t know how to mention it to doctors so embarrassing ! 

The doctor would very likely recommend an ultrasound first to see what shows up.

They would also do a physical exam to see if they also feel what you are explaining to them.

What they find would determine the next steps and the possible treatments.

If period blood can get out - then whatever you are feeling is not causing a complete blockage but it might be enough if the cervix doesn't open enough during ovulation.  

You go to an OB-GYN, and make sure they know you're trying to conceive but feel something might be sticking out of your cervix. You ask if it could be a polyp. If you find it hard to say, write it down legibly and hand it to them to read.

But seriously, anybody who's been in practice for long will not be startled or shocked if you just blurt it out.