Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

P0191 & P0401?

Today one my friends bought a OBDII scanner that connects with bluetooth on mobile. He hooked that on my crown vic 2003 and codes stored were P0191 & P0401. I searched on internet and found that one is for EGR valve and one for Fuel Rail Sensor but fortunately my car is running absolutely fine. Do I still have to replace those sensors even though my car is running excellently smooth?

Might as well fix it now before you need license plate renewal!

Is the Check Engine Light On in your car?  Yes, you see a mechanic.  No, you leave your car alone.

Not sure what's causing the p0191 but the p0401 means the sensor is working just fine and the EGR tube is plugged.

• Bill

If the check engine light isn’t on, drive on. Use the scanner to erase the stored codes and see if they come back.