How is liberal arts useful?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

Hi Sury - With the exception of a major in economics, you will find that a liberal arts degree generally is not a job qualification. Completing a Bachelors degree in one of those majors will show that you can focus on, and complete, requirements over an extended period of time - usually 4 years.

Then you find employment and learn a job, or go onto further academic study.

Many successful entrepreneurs and self-employed professionals  started with a liberal arts degree. Government, military, corporate administration and similar occupational fields are loaded with liberal arts graduates. The non-profit sector has many liberal arts major graduates.

Also, liberal arts majors are often the most interesting people you will meet.

If you do want a major that is in itself a job qualification, look at STEM [except over-crowded Biology], education, mainstream health care, business, or economics.

Good question - thanks for asking

• John
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Entry into a number of professions requires a 4 year college degree in any subject.  Those careers include civil service positions, military officers, and many commission sales positions.  My sister made a career in literature, after majoring in English.  I worked in state government for 13 years after majoring in Political Science.  My branch of the agency was filled almost exclusively by Liberal Arts graduates.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.