Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

I just adopted a 6 month old cat and was told not to feed it for 5 days?

I was told that this is so that it doesn't get too stressed from moving to a new home but I'm still not entirely convinced.

i think you heard it wrong, you feed the cat but you cannot eat for 5 days, otherwise it will be afraid you might eat it if it sees you eating.

Feed your cat, please feed your cat. 

But feed them dry food and water, and keep them in a bedroom or bathroom if your moving. So you can move them. A toy or round toy with a ball and a litter box will be a good idea. Don't fill up the bathtub. I had someone prank my cousin before doing that.

Who told you that? It wouldn't be a vet! Just feed him/her for god's sake

I seriously hope you've been feeding your cat. Not doing so for 5 days can cause serious health issues for them, possibly even death, especially if the person you got it from has been following their own advice whenever kitty was showing signs of stress. Depriving it of food is just cruel.

Maybe they meant to tell you not to let it outside for 5 days? I know my aunt was told that when she got a kitten the same age. Or perhaps to not change the type or brand of food until it's settled? 

But PLEASE feed your cat. Not doing so will stress it out more. Make sure it has food, water, and a litter tray. If you give it milk, make it kitten milk; cows milk will give it diarrhoea, which can cause dehydration. If you haven't been feeding it since you posted this question, you need to start. Please take care of it!

feed your cat stupid and then give it to someone who will care for it as you clearly are not capable.

Feed your Cat please.

FEED IT!!!  Five days without food will put that animal in deep health problems.  At six months, give it canned food (the small cans) with a bowl of water and some dry food to nibble on when it wants a snack.  Tell it you're sorry for listening to anti-cat morons.  It will understand.

Feed your Cat dear, don't listen to hear say from people that don't care about the condition of your pet

• John

by who? I suggest you rehome the kitten since your incompitent to take care of it. of course you feed your kitten. 

That's rubbish. Provide food, water and litter tray from the outset, in a quiet place. Quietly let the cat explore, it'll eat if it wants to.