I need help with heartburn?

I have GERD, typically it is kept in check with omeprazole, and when it gets out of control, I can drink baking soda and water to neutralize the acid (suggested by my doctor). Somehow last week my acid reflux was triggered and it won't go away. I can live with it, it mostly causes nausea and vomiting which is something I can handle. However, this time its caused my asthma to flare up and I'm having trouble breathing. I've been taking antacids, asthma meds, and benadryl, it helps temporarily but as soon as I eat it returns full force. I have to wait until the doctors can see me and they don't know when that will be. I'm looking for any tips to get rid of the heartburn in the meantime as it seems my omeprazole and tagamet stopped working.

Bicarbonate of soda doesn't work for long, antacids are a bit better but if it's chronic they don't work for long either. Do you smoke, drink or eat a lot of junk food perhaps?

• Tavy

Try Nexium  I take that.  And buy a proper indigestion medicine. We use Gaviscon in the U.K., it stops the acid from rising from the stomach.

Avoid all citric fruits, fizzy drinks and spicy food.

• Olive

Youll have to figure out whats causing the flare up. In mean time could try taking it(omperazole) twice a day to help with the relux issue