How to buy land?

I like to ride the river a lot and I found an island on the Arkansas River in northern Oklahoma. I was actually interested in seeing if I could buy that island or even a piece of land included in it. I didn’t know how to find out who actually owns that land.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Maybe start with the county/municipal assessor's "tax maps" to identify the parcels in question, then find the owners' names  (and current tax assessments and status), then the "book and page" references to deeds or other official documents of related transactions.  You may then make a plan on how to best approach the current owners with an offer to purchase their properties.

• 1 month ago

You would need to go to the county and find out who owns it in the county records.  Likely the county itself owns it I would think.

• 1 month ago

The county has records of land ownership.  You can find out by looking at a parcel map of the area.  If it is not for sale, it probably won't do you any good.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do a title such at the courthouse in the county the island is located .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you have money?  The tax assessors office may be able to help if you have an address. Land is rarely financed for children.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.