Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My husband is trying to be a rapper but his music sucks, how can I let him down nicely ?

It literally pains me to get into his car and have him play his music. I lie to him and tell him it’s good to seem supportive but it’s honestly terrible. He’s not good at all and I wish he would stop. I had my friend listen to his music and she agreed it was horrible. I don’t know how to break it him without seeming mean . He needs to stick to his day job as a clerk 

The problem is you started with a lie, and then continued with it. It is going to hurt him when and if you are finally honest about his chances of making it. That's assuming you don't mind listening to rap music other than his? 

Or is it the music genera you don't care for? In that case you may not be a good judge of the quality of his work.  

As long as he keeps his day job just play along. Given how much some of the very successful rappers suck it could just be that he'll make something of it. You don't have to be good to become a star these days. 

• Happy

How can you tell? It all sucks 

• Linda

Lying to him is the worst thing you can do and since he thinks you like it, he cannot wait to play his next rap song. Tell him that you didn't tell him the truth because you didn't want to hurt his feelings and say that you don't personally care for it. He might get mad at first but hopefully he'll accept it and then play his tunes alone or for others. If he thinks he has talent, he might keep at it. Then you can invest in some good earplugs.