Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Bridal Shower Gift for Someone who HATES ME?

I am only being invited out of obligation as her soon-to-be sister-in-law and she hates my guts. What do I get her as a bridal shower gift?

A giftcard....... 

Matching bride and groom shop monogrammed passport covers so she can take her hate somewhere else.

• Trish

Why go without having a good talk regarding the way they feel about you.  If you can't talk to them about it then you shouldn't go where you aren't welcome.

• GB

Inviting people to a bridal shower is all about ' bring me a present.'  In your position, I'd decline the shower invitation, but go to the wedding if invited, because it's my brother's and get one of the moderate gifts from their list, or give money.

• Ann

Look at her registry online and get one of the moderate gifts.  Either that, or a gift card for about $50.  Also include a nice wedding card, and be the bigger person.  She can't say you aren't being nice.

Okay, this chick is marrying your husband''s brother. So, she will likely be in your life from here on out.

I would give her a gift card, accompanied by a note , welcoming her to the family. From that moment on  kill her with kindness. Never gossip to anyone about her. Regardless how she treats you, ignore her if she treats you badly and always smile and be kind to her. Include her in family gatherings with open arms. Put on the freaking show of your life and keep your foot prints on the high road, always.

By following this plan, she will have absolutely no real reason to hate you. Better yet, everyone will see that you are not an instigating witch, as witness to your nothing but kind behavior. 

Do not allow this person to cause discord in your life or to get the best of your emotions. Cover yourself with an imaginary coat of wax, so whatever she says or does will just roll off of you, like water droplets on a waxed car that roll off and puddle on the ground.

She is not worth a space in your mind.

• boj

Assuming this girl is marrying your bro/sis. Choose a gift that would make your sibling happy.  You can never go wrong with sexy Lingerie.

Wrap up some dog poop that you find along the side of the road?  I don't know!  And if she "hates" you, then she has a problem, doesn't she?  

An invite doesn't require you to attend. Just RSVP that you can't go, and remove the issue of a gift.

• Cammie

A nice gift is a bed tray . There are innexpensive ones that are nice.You could even get two of them.Try Bed bath and beyond.

Do NOT make a scene . Be on your best behavior.