New phone and incoming MMS are lower resolution?

I just switched from an LG V20 to a Samsung Galaxy A50 (same SIM card). My LG V20 received images and videos at high quality, but my new Samsung seems to compress the MMS messages it downloads them and the images appear much lower resolution. Is there a reason my new phone does this but my old phone did not? Is there a way to remedy this without having to go through another 3rd party app every time?

I use the basic Messages app. Videos and pictures are normal quality when I take them, so I don't think it has to do with camera settings.Thank you for your help!

Check the settings for the app that creates the MMS messages to make certain it does not reduce image/video quality, to save space or transfer speed/size. If the default messaging app has no such settings, find an app that does give you control and set it to original or high quality, when creating SMS into MMS.