kayla asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

after surgery questions?

my dad recently had surgery on his prostate two weeks ago. hes having trouble urinating and when he goes hes in pain. even when hes not using the bathroom. hes urinating less. is this a sign he might die? im scared i might lose him. only medical professionals can answer.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

He needs to talk to his Dr about this.

• 1 month ago

It just means his prostate isn't fully healed yet. It could be that it's swollen from

the surgery, and blocking his urine from being able to come as as easily.

He should just tell the doctor about his symptoms. Perhaps he needs an

antibiotic. Is he not drinking as much water, due to fear of pain upon urination?

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm just a man, NOT a doctor. I think that if he's pissing he's not likely to die.  I suspect that he's not drinking enough water. If the instructions he got are not clear, CALL THE DOCTOR. The doctors answering service can get the doctor to call you if you call his office number right now.

• Tj
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He needs to go see the surgeon for a follow up

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dj2541
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need  to  supply more information?

What  was his  surgery  for?  was  it a  Trans  Urethral prostatectomy  or  was it  done  with  Green  light  Laser. Was it  just  a Biopsy?

Is the  urine  he is  passing  clear  or  blood  stained or  does  it  have  clots?

The real take  away  message  is that  as long  as  he is  passing  urine  then   he is  O.K . Is  he  keeping  up  his  oral  fluids.

Get him  R/V by  his  Surgeon / Family  Doctor  sooner  rather  than  later.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make sure he is following all of the post-surgical instructions provided by his medical team. This information should detail side effects and pain management. If he did not receive this standard release information, he should contact his physicians immediately to receive a complete consultation about his post surgery expectations.

• 1 month ago

Good luck finding a medical professional here.

Why not just call his doctor.

• 1 month ago

Guess what smart one.... there are no medical professionals on Yahoo answers. It's just everyday people here.

If your dad was having issues like you say, why haven't you called his urologist? They have answering services that take information 24 hours a day. And the urologist wood inform him what to do next.

• 1 month ago

Prostate is closely tied to urinary tract, he should raise it with his doctor.  Probably normal due to inflammation to surgery but if worried he should speak to doctor rather than randoms on internet.

Personally I doubt he's going to die and think its probably just temporary due to the surgery.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.