Do you buy into ROKU/HULU?

Programs are continually breaking broadcast to blank screen and then restoring. The picture continues to magnify to 25% of the screen image. I am paying for no advertising, but continue to receive advertising.

I want to to stream rather than go back to cable-tv, but ROKU and HULU are not consistent broadcasts.

Ive had both for years and both are very reliable. 

I've had a ROKU for years and  years, and it's always worked perfectly.  I had HULU for a while, though it was still several years ago, and I didn't have trouble with it either.

If your signal is skipping or slow, it's probably your Internet service that's the problem. 

Try going on HULU through the Internet.  Go to Hulu.com in your browser and see if you get a steady signal. (For that matter, you'd probably have trouble with YouTube also).  Or go to Speedtest.net and test the actual bandwidth you're getting.  Then look at the promises your Internet provider made.